Monday 28 May 2012

Summer Floral Nails

Hi Everyone!

We have sunshine!! Omgissummerfinallyhere?? It feels like we have been waiting for so long to get a few rays of sunshine up North (yes, it has been grim up North). Whilst a lot of the UK has had a hose-pipe ban, we have had gallons of rain. And finally, the clouds have broken away and we have sunshine!

As a self confessed sun-bunny, this makes me very happy. I love it, the smell of sun-tan lotion, the warmth on my skin, a good book to read and a glass of something cheeky nearby!

This gives us the perfect opportunity to break out our neon polishes - the ones we look at lovingly all Winter long, but can't bring ourselves to wear. We only find ourselves looking at our nails with longing and regret, for Summer-days gone by, where we should have worn that polish.

Anyway, seeing as the sun made an appearance, out came the neons. As usual, I couldn't pick just one... So here are a few of them! All at once!!





I used a plain white base, with a few China Glaze polishes. I do love me some China Glaze. Here, I used Purple Panic (Neon), Papaya Punch for the flowers and Turned Up Turquoise (Neon) for the leaves. I added a few tiny black dots to the centre of the flowers and finished with my Fast Forward Top Coat. Then I sat back to admire my own nails.

This is so easy. It is basically a series of splodges, all done with the brush from the bottle - except for the black dots of course - I did those with a tooth pick. No accuracy required or involved - but a gorgeous effect overall. It makes me so happy as I was not the only person to admire these, I did get a fair few compliments!

The perfect, quick Summer manicure - it kinda reminds me of a Hawaiian shirt!

I hope you like it! Go try it yourself!

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x