Tuesday 3 April 2012

Primark Polishes

Hi everyone,

I thought I would share with you a little collection from Primark - of all places. As someone who is perpetually skint (probably something to do with buying far too much polish...), should I need something new for my wardrobe, I tend to head there. And I tend to browse for a good while at the accessories and beauty bits. For my mega thick, waist long hair - Primark clips keep everything secure. For a necklace to go with an outfit that I might only wear once a year? Primark. Oh, and cheap sunglasses so I don't scratch my coveted Chanel ones? Primark!

I must confess, I was slightly upset and disturbed about the discontinuation of their beauty range. I've had a few things that I was really pleased with! And it's always great for picking up cheap nail files and eyelashes etc.So you can imagine how pleased I was to see this little set of polishes on their shelves!




£2? Excellent.

Unfortunately, I have no idea of how long they will last without chipping etc, as I have swatched them but not worn them. But, the pretties!! And for me, and many people, all we ask for is 1 day of no chipping. Polish gets changed daily, no?

Anyway! Chunky gold glitter! Metallics! Shimmery gold!


 I confess, it was the glitter that spoke to me. Had to have it. Deborah Lippman's Boom Boom Pow might have 24k gold dust in it, but it's about £20 a bottle. This is scary close, and it cost 50p. Well, £2, but with three free polishes? Whatever!

I must also add, I do have the lovely Golden Goddess gold glitter polish from ELF, but it does have holographic glitters in too, and a tendency to turn your mani a bit yellow.

Here is the Primark version, layered over MAC Style Tip:
 
One Coat Natural Light

 
One Coat Flash












 








Two Coats Flash


Two Coats Natural Light

























Oh the pretties! I can not tell you enough how much I love this polish and this manicure. It's just so pretty and elegant, glittery - but not juvenile! It's grown up glam!

Next up is the Bronze metallic polish - this is one I will be wearing a lot during the sun - it will look beautiful with a tan!!

Natural Light
Natural Light

Flash
Flash

These metallics are a bit streaky, but they dry very fast. Application is relatively easy too, despite the fiddly lids. Personally, I can't complain. This bronze is really lovely, and has a slight pink rose-goldish tint to it. It's won a place in my summer favourites stash, and I haven't even tried it with a tan yet! Bring back the sun - I want to worship it some more ;)

The silver is probably my least favourite out of this set - I'm not sure why. The streaks are a bit more visible. *shrugs* I think that silver seems a bit more cold to me, whereas the bronze and gold colours scream sunshine to me, and who doesn't love summer??!

Natural Light
Natural Light



Flash
Flash   

If anything, I think that the silver might be good for stamping with - although it does dry pretty quickly!


Last but not least, there is our little gold sheer polish, which I find to be kind of sweet! For coverage, it does take a lot of coats, but I have layered it over a couple of different polishes.



Natural Light
Flash 






 From left to right (index to pinky): two coats over a black creme, one coat over the Primark Bronze, four coats on its own, and two coats over a white creme. Personally, I am loving the gold and white combination, but maybe just with one coat next time! Again, I know I keep harping on about it, but I think it will be a nice subtle summer look, a great change from all the neon and brights we're due to see!

Finally, whilst these might not be the absolute best polishes on the planet, I do think that they are a fantastic buy - especially as they cost so little. Each bottle is 6ml in size, so I can see myself using my little top coat pretty quickly - my only worry is that you guys will buy them all before I get a chance to get back and stock up on more!!

What do you think - would you rather pay full price for the Deborah Lippmann version, or will you be braving Primark for some nail bling? Let me know!

Thanks for reading,

Love Charlotte x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x