Monday 21 May 2012

Not-So-French Tips

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share a more muted manicure with you today. Something a bit different for me.

Many years ago, when I had much expendable income, I was a huge fan of having acrylic nails and tips. I thought it looked elegant and stylish (until my nails started to grow and I needed a backfill...). Despite the fact I can't afford to maintain acrylics any more, I do still love the way a simple white tip looks - in fact I went for the typical french manicure on my wedding day.

Sometimes, it's nice to go back to an old classic, and give it a bit of an update. I wanted something a bit more subtle than a full mani, but not so simple as a french mani - so here are my purple tips!





I used Leighton Denny Tiffany's as a base - it's such a sheer pink you can hardly tell it's there. The tips are two of my favourite purples: OPI's Pamplona Purple and Planks A Lot, with some slight silver detailing from my Claire's Accessories nail art pen.

Thanks for reading,

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x