Monday 14 May 2012

LA Colors - Swatches and Fun Part Two!

Hi Everyone,

As promised, here is part two of my LA Colors swatchathon. And look at me go, I'm making even more words up now! Oh well, I have to unleash my creative side somehow!

So...! Let's get to it!


From L-R: Pacific Blue, Wired, Fun In The Sun, Fiji Purple and Glistening Purple




Pacific Blue is not the kind of blue I would normally buy. And what a pity that would have been as this is gorgeous! This is a stunning sea-green blue frost, with a slight green shimmer. It only took two coats for full coverage, and applied really well. I love this blue.

Natural Light

Flash
Flash





















































For some extra pretty, here it is with Sassy Sparkle over the top.

Natural Light
Flash


Wired is your typical Royal Blue Jelly. Very similar to Nails Inc's Chando's Place, if I remember correctly. I apologise, I thought I had a swatch, but apparently not! My computer monster ate it.

Anyway, this is the thinnest LA Colors Polish from my collection.This took three coats to cover my nail to a suitable standard, but still left a bit of VNL. Still, a beautiful colour, and if you need a blue like this, get the LA Colors one instead of the Nails Inc version. It's 90% cheaper!

Natural Light
Flash




























Next is Fun In The Sun! A purple - woot! A glossy purple - also woot! This is another thin polish, but this time the hardest to apply as there was a bit of drag. This needed a third coat to cover the patchy bits. It did dry quite nicely though. A lovely sort of Cadbury's purple, which everyone needs in their collection. Or at least some Cadbury's chocolate stashed away!

Natural Light
Flash


Flash



























And with sparkles, courtesy of Glistening Purple:

Natural Light
Flash

Finally, we have my favourite polish from the bunch. Predictable, I might be, for this is a stunning purple. Fiji Purple to be precise. I'm not sure how Fiji comes into this, but it's very welcome for this lovely shade! In fact, if anyone wants to send me on an expedition to Fiji in the name of research, I would be glad to oblige. All expenses paid, yes?

Ahhh, enough dreaming and back to the polish. This was in the middle of being thick and thin. Confused? Me too! It felt as though I wanted it to be a bit thicker, but wasn't the thinnest of the polishes. Alas, this bled into my nail beds a little bit too much, and as my photo's prove, I didn't clean up as well as I thought I had. Oh well...! A rich blend of fuchsia and plum, which I think is appropriate for Summer or Winter - I do love a multi-tasker!

Natural Light
Flash

Flash




























And last but not least. Fiji Purple with both Sassy Sparkle and Glistening Purple.


Natural Light
Flash


Flash



























There we have it, my new collection of LA Colors polish. I recommend these. They have a great colour selection, are fantastic value for money and mostly have awesome, quick drying formulas. They are also cruelty free.

Thank you again to Beth for buying these for me, and thanks to you for reading my epic swatchathon!

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x