Friday 16 March 2012

Tribal Spring Fling Thing!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying the extra sunshine and warmth in our lives at the moment! I do love it when Winter starts to fade away and we can feel our friend the Sun starting to give us a lovely warm cuddle! Ahhhh!

To celebrate the improving weather (and yes, I will celebrate almost anything...) I am turning to brighter colours for my nails - so whilst I'm stuck inside at work, I'll still have something to cheer me up!

When I first started to get into reading blogs - especially about nails, China Glaze's For Audrey was a polish that was simply everywhere. And I mean, everywhere. When I started toying with the idea of having my own blog (waves) I knew I had to buy it and have it for my own collection. It was my own personal nail based initiation! And, of course, it's a little dedication to one of the most beautiful women to ever grace this planet - the lovely Audrey Hepburn. She always oozed glamour and sophistication - and whilst I am unable to sustain glamour or sophistication, with this polish, my nails can!

I love it. I read somewhere that this shade of blue, with the slightest whisper of green, is as legally close to the patented Tiffany Blue as possible.

Oh, the imagery - Audrey Hepburn's glamness, covered in Tiffany Diamonds. LOVE!
 


This is two coats of For Audrey, applied over China Glaze's Strong Adhesion, and under China Glaze's Fast Forward Top Coat. I'm definitely turning into a China Glaze girl!


Of course, after a few hours of perving at my own nails - it was my day off work after all, I did what I always always seem to do.

I played with my manicure.

There, I confessed!

My name is Charlotte and I have a nail polish addiction.

(Feels good inside, but admits will not do anything to stop buying or playing with nail polish.)


I added a central stripe of Nina Ultra Pro Tangerine Dream polish down the centre - I did this all free-hand, and in hindsight, I wish I had taped it to give a more consistent finish! 

I love how the coral-ly orange-ness of this polish pops against the blue, and the white lines keep it light and fresh! 

This is my first attempt at a tribal design  - albeit a simplified version. Some of my lines are a little uneven, but I kinda liked it. 
I think that next time I do this, I'll wait until I have a tan - that will make this mani look so so much better - and the OCD in me will use tape haha!!

I hope you like it! Thanks for reading,

Love Charlotte x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x