Friday 10 February 2012

My First Pink Friday!

Hi Everyone!

I thought I would join in a tradition I have seen enjoyed by many bloggers, and figured that I would have a go myself. Ladies and gentlemen, the institution that is Pink Friday...!
Oxford Circus in natural light


This is Nails Inc's Oxford Circus, which came in a Feel Unique Beauty Box. Now, as much as I love the colour pink, it looked like a soft baby pink in the bottle. Not exactly a 'me' pink, if you know what I mean. But, I felt as though it would be OK for me to be a bit softer now and then, and so I gave it a go.

The colour on my nails was not what I expected at all! This little pot gave a stunning, vibrant bubblegum pink, the kind you fall in love with because it makes your pale winter hands look that little bit more tanned! LOVE!


Oxford Circus indoors with a flash
 I often find that I have a love/hate dislike relationship with Nails Inc polishes. So many beautiful colours, that are so often annoying to apply. Like some of my others, this took three coats to give an even finish. Even with two coats, it looked streaky and patchy, and had a little bit of drag too. This is such a shame for what I would class to be a relatively expensive brand - at £11 a bottle, I tend to find better application in many of my ELF £1.50 bottles. But, I digress. Despite the application woes, I find the finished effect to be rather pretty. Not as soft as I had thought, in fact, I've had a few narcissistic moments with this polish - the Hubby has had a few chuckles to himself about me staring lovingly into my own nails... I mean, who DOESN'T do that now and then...?

These nails are exactly what I would wear if I was Barbie. Alas, I do not resemble Barbie in any way, but a girl can dream, can't she?

I declare this polish to be a fun and flirty colour, with a slight edge to the softness - and it is definitely one I will be wearing again! Bring on the pink!

Oh how I wish I still had my Barbies. And yes, I am over the age of seven...

Enjoy the rest of your Friday and have a great weekend,

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x