Thursday 10 January 2013

Essie - Sexy Divide

Hi Everyone,

It would appear that I have fallen for another brand of polishes. I am cheating on China Glaze. And OPI. And, well lots of other brands that I have been loving for a while now. What can I say, I'm a loving girl!

Beth - fairy glam-mother,  blogger, and fellow polish fiend - has been telling me for ages now that Essie polishes are awesome.

They're expensive, I said - I can get a China Glaze for that.

She rolled her eyes at me, and told me again that I should try them. She loves them, so I probably would too.

If there's one thing you should know about Beth, she is ALWAYS right. I can't think of a time where she was wrong. I wish I could... only joking... But seriously, the girl knows things.

When the latest lot of mail came from Boots (Double Advantage points... WOOO!) I noticed that they had three for two on all cosmetics. You know where this is going, right?

If I was going to buy some Essie polishes, I was going to do it whilst they were on offer... and had double points!

I had been lusting after Essie Chinchilly for a while. When I first started reading blogs, it was everywhere and I guess it just stuck in my head. I really wanted to look at the Mirror Metallics range too, but the Essie stand in my local Boots is tiny, so no go there. I got my Chinchilly, Beach Bum Blu and this.... Sexy Divide.






It's a deep, rich Cadbury's-esque purple, which is very very shiny. I don't think I have a polish which is quite as glassy as this one. My nails were like stained glass windows, rich, and full of glossy colour. When the light hits them... WOW!

The purple shows up little flecks of blue and red, but has an almost blackened base to it. It's certainly very sexy, as the name suggests.

The formula is beautiful. In fact, with just one stroke of the rather lovely brush, I knew I was converted. This is just two coats. Sadly, my only issue is that after one day I had quite a bit of tip wear and a few little chips. After two days - even after tip repair, I had bigger chips - and that evening, cooking with olive oil led me to have some rather nasty peeling. But still, it's not like I normally wear polishes for that long. I can forgive that.

So, where do I sign for the Essie fan club. I want my membership!

What are your favourite Essie polishes? Let me know!

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x