Wednesday 7 November 2012

Nude Inspiration

Hi Everyone,

It seems like everywhere I look, nail bloggers are telling me that nude nails are going to be the next big thing.

I am slowly warming to nude nails - they're classy and elegant, grown up and very work friendly. And, there are a lot more shades available now to avoid running the risk of mannequin hands!

I saw this tutorial over at Polish You Pretty, and decided that this was a lovely, seasonal spin on the nude trend!

Alas, my attempt was obviously not as good as theirs, but I'm pretty happy with it all the same!



The nude base is 2true Shade 11 - one of their tall, skinny polishes, which are very good considering they are only £1.99 each! I used two different shades of red. Well, technically three, but two of them (Revlon Vixen and Bourjois Very Vernis in Cerise Noire)  turned out to be practically identical! Doh! The other one I used was China Glaze Ruby Pumps! I was desperate to get a bit of glitter in there somehow!

Although patience is a virtue, I guess I'm not always virtuous... As you can see, I applied my top coat just a little too soon and we had a bit of a smear on a dot or two, but despite that, I'm very happy with how this turned out! Especially on my little short nails!

How will you be wearing the nude trend? Playing it straight, or with your own little flair? Let me know, I'd love to see your manis!

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x