Tuesday 11 September 2012

Swatches of Summer - The Freebies Edition

Hi Everyone,

After the rigmarole of my PC being naughty, and the relief of not losing everything on it, I found myself having a good old nosey through my 'nail files'. I managed to find a couple of pictures of polishes I had swatched during the Summer, but not actually given them their own post. So I guess we could call this an honourable mentions page haha!!

First up, the rather wonderful Plush Pink from Leighton Denny.

A Leighton Denny polish, for free? Awesome. I so should have got them all, but at the time I was rather un-moneyed. So I got just one, but I'm glad I chose this one!






It's bright, glossy and ever so PINK! And it has a fantastic formula. This is roughly two coats, but I think I could have managed this in one slightly thicker coat. I have come to the conclusion that I would have paid full price for this. Every time I see a Leighton Denny stand, I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame, and each time I pick it up I call myself a silly, as I already have it!

If you want it too, it's £11. And worth it.


Next are a pair of Ciaté polishes! I do LOVE magazine freebies - I'm sure you can see that haha! And I am quite fond of Ciaté polishes - I love the extra detail of the bow on the bottle. It shows that the extra thought went into the design, and I appreciate that!

This one is a real beauty and is called Purple Sherbet! A name as fun as the polish itself! And one that makes me really want a Sherbet Dib Dab!






It is a gorgeous mid-toned lilac - not too washy and not too dark. Perfect to slot into my collection, as I didn't have anything quite like it. Now I do! Yay!! This has a nice formula, but is pretty sheer and needed three coats for decent coverage. And I apologise for the unattractive nick in my ring finger, but I was attacked by a monster!



Look at the claws on the vicious beast! So wild! And a bit gorgeous, even if I do say so myself! Anyway, back to the reason we're all here!!


Next is Bon-Bon, a rather sweet offering! And a rather lady-like colour, if you ask me! Oooh, nails like a grown up!







So... the colour.... you tell me?! I would have said it's a dusky pinkish colour. But it's also griege-ish. And in some lights, it's a grilac. It's not a duochrome or anything, just a basic creme polish, but I find it so hard to define it to one colour. The formula was nice the first time I used it and took two coats, but the second time, it was a little bit streaky and needed three. Still, I can't complain as it's a lovely nude-ish shade, and a great way to stay on the nude trend without having mannequin hands!

So there we have it, my favourite freebies from the last couple of months, all deserving of an honourable mention!

Did you manage to get hold of any of these?

Let me know!

Love Charlotte x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages, so if you have something to say, please let me know! x